These Nutella fudge brownies are even better than frosted brownies! With a chewy brownie base and a thick and soft fudge topping, these brownies can’t be beat!
March was a crazy month in the Eva Bakes house. I was traveling for work and skated in Adult Sectionals. I also had jam packed days at work. Sadly, I didn’t do too much baking on the weekends since I was gone.
When April rolled around, I knew it was time to remedy that. I needed some brownies, stat, but I didn’t want to repeat a recipe. Enter these Nutella fudge brownies. I made a one-bowl brownie recipe and then topped it off with some Nutella fudge. These brownies were nothing short of incredible when they were still warm.
Each bite of brownie was amazing. The brownies were dense and chewy, and the Nutella fudge on top was like an even more decadent version of frosting. In fact, the fudge layer is made just like how I make microwave fudge. So microwave fudge + brownies = heaven.
My husband and daughter said that these were “on the scale of 1-10, they are a million.” And my husband said that these Nutella fudge brownies are his favorite brownies to date (and I’ve made a lot of brownies!).
So what are you waiting for? Go make these brownies!
Nutella fudge brownies
- 1 and 1/4 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup Nutella
Make the brownies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease or line a standard 8"x8" baking pan and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter, sugar, cocoa powder and salt together in your microwave for about 1 minute. Mix well and heat it up more if the butter has not fully melted.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Fold in the flour until a few dry streaks remain. Then fold in the chocolate chips and add the vanilla.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared pan and smooth out the top. Bake in your preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Cool completely.
Make the fudge
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips and Nutella together in your microwave for about a minute. Stir and microwave more if needed.
- Spread this on top of your cooled brownies and set the pan in the refrigerator until set.