Thick, chewy and fudge-like Nutella brownies that will knock your socks off! Don’t half this recipe -it’s so good that you’ll want to eat the full pan!
We have an annual tradition at the rink. Every year since I’ve been competing, our adult skating community hosts a send-off celebration for those skaters who are competing at Adult Nationals. One of our multi-talented (and generous) skaters goes all out. She bakes a huge sheet cake, decorates it, and gifts every skater with a goodie bag – filled with snacks, water, medicine, gloves, a stuffed animal and other random things a skater might need.
This year, only two of our adult skaters will be attending the competition. I was not one of them. But, I still wanted to do something nice for them since they’ve been so supportive of me in the past, and the generous skater I mentioned above was one of the ones competing this year.
Sadly, we weren’t able to find a time for all of us to get together and send them off properly. Regardless, I wanted to bake them something in lieu of the traditional cake and decided to make these Nutella chocolate chip fudge brownies. They’re easy to hold and eat and easy to share with others.
I dropped these off at one of the skaters’ homes one afternoon. I did keep two for my husband and I – you know, for quality control purposes. I didn’t keep any more because we were heading out of town for a while and didn’t want to keep anything at home. I wish I would have kept more of these for ourselves since they were pretty wonderful.
Nutella chocolate chip fudge brownies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 4 eggs
- 1 and 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips of choice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease or line a 9"x13" baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt the butter. Add in the sugar, mix well and keep stirring for about 1-2 minutes. The sugar will not completely dissolve.
- Remove the pan from the stovetop and stir in the Nutella and mix well.
- Transfer the Nutella mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl if using a handheld mixer or if mixing by hand.
- With the mixer on low, add in the eggs. Then add in the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, instant espresso powder, and vanilla. Mix well. Finally, add in the flour and mix well.
- Turn the mixer off and fold in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. The batter will be super thick and sticky. Transfer this to your prepared baking pan and evenly distribute the batter.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool before serving.