Too hot to turn on the oven? Then make these no-bake graham cracker cookie butter bars. With 5 simple ingredients, you can have a satisfying dessert without using your oven!
This summer has been hot. Seems like just yesterday when I was wearing sweaters and boots. Spring was a non-event here because we skipped the mild weather and went straight to 80+ degree weather. Summer arrived in April around here.
With the high temperatures, I haven’t had the desire to turn on the oven. Can you blame me? But as always, I was craving dessert. I wanted something amazing but didn’t want to spend too much time making it. Enter these bars.
I happened to come across half a box of graham crackers and a full container of cookie butter in my pantry. With 3 additional ingredients, I was able to make these no-bake bars.
While the bottom base layer was a tad thick for my liking, these were full of cookie buttery goodness. There is NO doubt that these are cookie butter bars. The base tasted like a fully baked shortbread-ish layer while the chocolate provided a nice decadent top. You could also throw in any add-ins you like for extra texture and crunch (chocolate chips, nuts, or even potato chips would be a fun salty addition).
If you’re not in the mood to turn on the oven of if it’s just too hot, make these bars. Just make sure you store them in the refrigerator so the chocolate layer doesn’t melt.
No bake graham cracker cookie butter bars
- 8 ounces graham crackers can use regular, honey or chocolate varieties
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup cookie butter Biscoff
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cookie butter
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Generously grease or line a standard 8"x8" baking pan and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until you get fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and cookie butter and pulse until the mixture holds together when you press on it.
- Transfer the mixture to your prepared pan and spread it out evenly with a spoon or spatula. Press down on the base layer so the mixture stays intact.
- In a microwave, melt together the semi-sweet chocolate chips with the cookie butter and mix well. Pour this on top of the graham cracker base and smooth out the top.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave or in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. If you white chocolate seizes, add a little bit of cooking oil and stir. Drop dollops of the melted chocolate on top of the semi-sweet chocolate. Use a knife or spatula and drag it through the chocolate layers for a pretty presentation.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator and allow to cool for at least 2 hours before serving.