This impressive no-bake chocolate salted caramel Oreo tart will make your friends and family think you’ve spent all day in the kitchen. It’s perfect for a dinner party or making for a special someone!
If you need a simple dessert to bring to a dinner party or just want to impress someone, listen up. This gorgeous chocolate salted caramel tart requires no baking. With only 5 ingredients, this tart is sure to be the talk of the night. The hardest part about this recipe is waiting for the separate layers to set in the freezer.
No-bake chocolate salted caramel Oreo tart
- ½ package (about 18) whole Oreos (filling and cookie included)
- 12 Tablespoons butter divided
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream divided
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chopped (you can substitute with dark chocolate chips)
- In a food processor or a blender, pulse the Oreos until they are finely crushed. Alternatively, you can put the cookies in a zip-top bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- In a medium sized bowl, melt 4 Tablespoons of butter. Add the crushed Oreos to the melted butter and mix well. Transfer the Oreo mixture to your tart pan. Press the crumb mixture all over the sides and bottom of your tart pan. Put the tart pan in the freezer for 10 minutes until set.
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, melt the remaining 8 Tablespoons of butter with the brown sugar until it starts to bubble. Whisk constantly for another 1-2 minutes. Turn off the stove and take the pan off the heat. Stir in 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Set aside for about 15 minutes to cool. Pour the caramel mixture on top of the crust and put it back in the freezer for another 30 minutes until the caramel has set but is not frozen.
- Finally, heat the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream either in the microwave or over the stove in a saucepan. Place the chopped chocolate in a medium sized bowl. Pour the heated cream over the chopped chocolate and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Then whisk vigorously until the chocolate and cream are fully mixed. Pour the chocolate ganache on top of the caramel and return to the freezer for another 30 minutes or until the ganache has set but is not frozen.