This M&M skillet cookie is made in one pan – no additional bowls or pans needed!
One Thursday, I attended a volunteer event in the morning. Several of my teammates and I went downtown to help prepare meals at our local food bank. After we finished, we went and grabbed lunch at a nearby restaurant. I returned home to work and had about 30 minutes before my in-laws were coming into town.
Life has been chaotic recently so I haven’t been baking. Needless to say, I did not have any desserts ready for my in-laws’ arrival. Since skillet cookies are very quick to put together, I decided to make one with M&Ms. I put the batter together in about 15 minutes and popped it into the oven.
My in-laws arrived and my M&M skillet cookie had about 5 minutes left to bake. I was able to take it out of the oven and allow it to cool while they unpacked some of their stuff.
I love how quickly this dessert came together. Thankfully, it only required pantry ingredients so I didn’t need to buy anything special. We all loved how the exterior of the cookie was nice and crisp and that the inside was just a tad bit gooey. And it was a wonderful cookie that we got to share after dinner. Well, some of us snacked on it throughout the day, but I’m not telling who!
M&Ms skillet cookie
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups plus 2 Tablespoons and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups M&Ms
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Melt the 2 sticks of butter directly in your cast iron skillet over medium heat. Allow it to melt completely and slowly bubble.
- Turn the heat to low and add in the sugars. Mix well until uniform.
- Turn the heat off and take the cast iron pan off the stove. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the baking soda, salt and flour and mix well. Fold in the M&Ms.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown. Top with additional M&Ms for a prettier presentation. Allow to cool slightly before serving (preferably with a scoop of ice cream).