These soft and chewy M&M cookies make an amazing treat and are loaded with chocolate chips!
I was browsing our pantry the other day and found a giant bag of M&Ms. At some point, I must have asked my husband to buy some for me, but I can’t remember what I needed them for. After snacking on a few of the chocolate candies, I was motivated to bake something with them so I didn’t have a sugar trap in my pantry.
While I have made M&M cookies before, I wasn’t 100% thrilled with them. I needed to find a recipe that yielded soft and chewy cookies. This one is definitely it.
I chilled my dough for about 45 minutes before baking, and it definitely helped prevent them from spreading. My cookies baked for 8 minutes and were slightly golden on the bottoms when I took them out. The tops were definitely underbaked but they set up nicely as they cooled.
These may very well be my go-to M&M recipe moving forward. I happily shared some with my skating friends, and we still had a good 18-24 cookies remaining. Now I need to see what else is lurking in the pantry so I can get some baking inspiration…
Husband’s rating: 4.5 out of 5
Addie’s rating: 4.5 out of 5
My rating: 5 out of 5
Soft and chewy M&M cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M candies
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl if using a handheld mixer, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla until well blended.
- Turn the mixer down to low, and then slowly add in the flour, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Turn the mixer off and fold in the chocolate chips and M&M candies by hand using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Using a medium sized cookie scoop, scoop out portions of dough and place them on your prepared baking sheet. Make sure you leave at least 1-2 inches between each cookie dough ball.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 7-10 minutes or until the edges and bottoms just start to turn a light golden color. The tops will look underdone (this is expected). If desired, press additional M&M candies on top of the cookies.
- Allow the cookies to set for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy.