Mint chocolate chip brownies with a secret ingredient – melted ice cream! This American classic gets lightened up with Arctic Zero Fit Frozen desserts. With no eggs, dairy or processed sugar, these brownies can’t be beat!
What kind of ice cream person are you? Do you like it straight out of the freezer, or are you the kind that likes to microwave it? I’m in the former camp – I like my ice cream nice and cold so that I get a brain freeze after taking a few bites.
My sister-in-law is the opposite. She has sensitive teeth and enjoys microwaving her ice cream for a little bit before she digs in. When I thought about what she was doing (this is me in deep-dessert thought), I realized that she’s melting eggs, cream and sugar together. And those are classic ingredients in many desserts.
What I decided to do was to conduct a little experiment to see how melted ice cream would hold up in classic desserts. My friends at Arctic Zero gave me a few pints of their holiday flavors to try, along with some secret ingredients (mini chocolate chips and candy canes) and asked me to create something.
I came up with these pretty amazing brownies. Now you already know that Arctic Zero offers Fit Frozen Desserts with zero compromise – they are low glycemic, gluten-free and GMO free. So yes, these brownies are MUCH healthier than your typical bakery-style brownie. But you’d never know it.
Both my husband and 7-year old daughter oohed and ahhed over these brownies. They had no idea that these were made from healthy ingredients and were shocked to find out that the brownies contained melted Arctic Zero!
I featured the Hint of Mint flavor and added in chopped up candy canes and mini chocolate chips for extra flavor and texture. Plus, with all that minty chocolate chip goodness, these brownies are perfect for the holidays!
So if you’re looking for a healthier dessert for those pre- or post-holiday eating marathons, consider these melted ice cream brownies. That way you can still eat your ice cream AND brownies all in one fun, lower calorie dessert!
Melted ice cream mint chocolate chip brownies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup Arctic Zero Hint of Mint frozen dessert melted (the 1/2 cup is measured AFTER melting)
- 1 cup chocolate chips divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 candy cane crushed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease or line a standard 8"x8" baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted Arctic Zero, 1/2 cup of melted chocolate chips, applesauce, and vanilla extract. Transfer this to the large bowl and mix everything together until a few dry streaks remain. Fold in the crushed candy cane and remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few wet crumbs. Turn the oven off and remove the pan from the oven.
- Allow the brownies to cool before slicing and serving.