Bite-sized cookie cups filled with a flavored marshmallow surprise and topped with a luscious, thick chocolate ganache! Plus a giveaway for Smashmallow flavored marshmallows!
When I was younger, I was not a big fan of marshmallows. You see, all I knew were the ones that we’d occasionally buy at the grocery store. You know the ones – sometimes they taste OK in hot chocolate, and sometimes they were good in other desserts. But they mostly tasted too… manufactured. Therefore, I was convinced that I did not like marshmallows. Well, that is, until I made my own.
Several weeks ago, I met some fantastic people from Smashmallow and was immediately smitten with them. One thing is for certain, this is no ordinary marshmallow! They are made with organic cane sugar and all-natural ingredients, and each serving only contains around 80 calories and less than 1 gram of fat. Plus they have super fun flavor combinations like mint chocolate chip, root beer float, toasted coconut pineapple, strawberries & cream, Meyer lemon poppy seed, cinnamon churro, and mocha chip! Can you imagine how fun s’mores can get with all these phenomenal marshmallow flavors?
I brainstormed the best way to feature my new Smashmallows and created these fun little cookie cups. Because I had a package of refrigerated cookie dough waiting to be used, I baked with those, but you can definitely use your favorite cookie dough recipe instead. I tried two different flavors of Smashmallow for these cups – cinnamon churro and mint chocolate chip. Then I topped each cookie cup with some chocolate ganache and decorated the tops as well.
Addie helped me assemble these and had a blast. As her reward, she got to eat one after it had set. She loved the Smashmallows and could not get enough. I am so happy that my local grocery story carries Smashmallow – does yours?
If not, don’t worry. I’m here to give some away! My generous friends at Smashmallow want to give an Eva Bakes reader one package of every flavor (7 total packages!). That’s a lot of s’mores! To enter, simply click on the link below. Please be patient, as the widget may be slow to load.
Good luck to all!
Marshmallow filled cookie cups and a Smashmallow giveaway
- 1 package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough or you can use your favorite homemade recipe
- 2 packages Smashmallow flavored marshmallows I used the mint chocolate chip and cinnamon churro versions
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a mini muffin pan and set aside.
- Take 1 portion of the scored/pre-separated cookie dough and break it in half. Roll it into a ball and then flatten it in your palms. Press it into one of the wells of the mini muffin pan, making sure to leave an indentation in the middle. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Bake in your preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven.
- Place 1 Smashmallow in the center of a cookie cup. Repeat with remaining marshmallows.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat up the cream in the microwave until boiling (about 90 seconds). Remove from the microwave and pour in the chocolate chips. Allow to sit for about 1 minute, then stir vigorously until a thick ganache forms.
- Pour or scoop some ganache onto each marshmallow, covering it completely. Decorate the tops with sprinkles, chocolate chips, or whatever your heart desires. (I made two different types of cookie cups - the cinnamon churro Smashmallow ones got a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar; the mint chocolate chip Smashmallow ones got a mint truffle Hershey's kiss on top).