As I mentioned in a previous post, I wanted to make homemade hot chocolate mix to give away for Valentine’s Day. I was debating whether to use the recipe from Brown Eyed Baker or Alton Brown. After taking a look at the ingredients, I went with Brown Eyed Baker since her mix contains white chocolate chips, which I am a fan of.
The hot chocolate mix was extremely easy to put together. I ended up using the “liquify” speed on my blender and all the ingredients were chopped very finely. I put 1/3 cup of the hot chocolate mix into individual bags and also included two homemade marshmallows. Then I printed little tags with the instructions and tied everything together with a pink ribbon. I think they turned out pretty cute, don’t you?
Word on the street is that the hot chocolate was awesome (as were the marshmallows). Unfortunately, I didn’t save any for myself, so I will need to mix up a batch for us to try soon!
Homemade hot chocolate mix
- 3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 and ½ cups cocoa powder Dutch-processed preferred; I used Hershey's dark
- 1 and ½ cups white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl. Working in two batches, pulse the ingredients in a food processor until the chocolate is finely ground. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- To make hot cocoa, put 1/3 cup of the cocoa mix in a mug and stir in 1 cup of hot milk. Top with whipped cream or miniature marshmallows.
Hot Chocolate very delicious and yummy…
What a sweet gift idea Eva! Love this.