If you’re a fan of brownies and are always craving more, make this gooey brownie pie. You can enjoy a slice (or two) and top it with ice cream!
My adorable niece recently turned one (OMG HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?). Addie and I went to attend her birthday celebration while my husband stayed behind to compete in an open-water swim. I didn’t want to leave my husband with no desserts while we were gone, so I made him this brownie pie.
The pie was very easy to assemble, and it tasted even better than the title. I’ll never how much ice cream my husband added to his slices while we were gone, but I have a good idea based on how much ice cream is left in the freezer.
Although Addie never heard of brownie pie, she was a huge fan of it. She and I talked about how we liked the fudginess of the inside. This is best served warm, preferably with a scoop (or two) of ice cream.
Gooey brownie pie
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a standard 9" or 10" springform pan and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 2 cups of the chocolate chips and butter together in 30-second intervals. You can also use a double boiler if you prefer that over the microwave. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl if using a handheld mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in the cooled chocolate and mix well.
- Stop the mixer and fold in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until everything is just combined. Fold in the remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips and transfer to your prepared springform pan.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until the sides and tops have set. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out slightly gooey.
- Allow the pie to cool before serving.v Top with frosting, hot fudge, whipped cream or whatever toppings you like.
My heart is melting for this brownie pie. I want to scoop a big portion of vanilla ice cream on top and eat the entire pan all by myself.
Can I join you?!? 😄