Soft and chewy gingerbread fudge is better than your classic gingerbread cookie. Make a batch and enjoy with your favorite cup of coffee or hot chocolate!
I recently shared that I had a gingerbread fudge fail, but I turned the sticky mess into gingerbread fudge cookies and brownies. After that fudge fiasco, I finally got the right ratio with the next batch of gingerbread fudge.
Turns out that I needed more chocolate chips in the base since I added a bunch of molasses to it. More liquid = runny fudge. It was one of those “duh” moments that I should have known about but didn’t.
This second batch of fudge was amazing. It was soft, chewy, and it contained all the classic flavors of a traditional gingerbread cookie. I liked the fact that I didn’t have to use a cookie cutter for these or have to decorate them with icing. While I enjoy doing those things from time to time, I usually get lazy or just don’t have the energy.
The gingerbread fudge was something that I gifted to friends and coworkers for the holidays. I like baking homemade treats as gifts since it’s easier than trying to find individual gifts for everyone. Plus, one batch of fudge makes a lot so it can be split up into multiple gifts.
I didn’t transfer my fudge quickly enough to my baking pan so the tops got a bit crackly. But I think it gives the fudge some character, don’t you? If you don’t like the cracking, you can always top the fudge with sprinkles to hide it.
- 3 cups of white chocolate chips
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Generously grease or line a standard 8"x8" baking pan with waxed paper or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and molasses together. Stir until smooth and glossy.
- Add in the spices and mix well. Transfer to your prepared baking pan and chill in the refrigerator until firm (about 2 hours and up to overnight).
- Cut and serve.