It’s no secret that I love chocolate. I love chocolate bars, chocolate flavored ice cream (and gelato, water ice and other frozen treats), chocolate covered raisins and just about anything else that doesn’t include nuts. That’s why I’m excited to let you know that I’ve partnered with Gearhart’s Chocolate for a fabulous giveaway at the end of this post.
Tim Gearhart, Gearhart’s master chocolatier, trained at the prestigious Culinary Institute of America and owns and operates two storefronts in Virginia. Gearhart’s chocolate uses the finest Criollo Cacao from Venezuela, other top-quality ingredients and infuses it with local butters and cream to handcraft each individual chocolate creation. Their work has been featured on several print publications and on The Today Show. Take a look at the attention to detail in each chocolate – each piece truly is a work of art.
I recently tried 8 of Gearhart’s premium line of chocolates, including (pictured clockwise from upper left corner): Kauai, Brown Butter Caramel, Michigan Cherry, Vanilla Bean Brulee, Criolla, Earl Grey, Pistachio Toffee Orange and Maya.
My husband loved the Earl Grey for its bittersweet ganache infused with Earl Grey tea. The ganache is then covered with a dark chocolate exterior and decorated with its signature gold, chocolate and white stripes.
I had a hard time choosing a favorite. I loved the Michigan Cherry for its semi-sweet chocolate interior that had a hint of cherry liquor and garnished with a dried Michigan cherry. My other favorite was the Vanilla Bean Brulee, which basically was a decadent creme brulee in chocolate form.
If you are a chocolate lover like I am, then I hope you’ll hop over to the Gearhart’s Chocolate website and order some for yourself. Their chocolates would make a fantastic gift for any occasion, like birthdays, anniversaries, promotions and other celebrations.
And now for the giveaway! One (1) winner will receive a mailed gift certificate that is redeemable towards a 16 piece assortment from Gearhart’s Chocolate (value of $30). Enter by submitting your information via the Rafflecopter widget below. The widget might take a little bit of time to load, so please be patient.
- Giveaway runs from May 1 (at midnight) through May 8th (at midnight); no late entries will be accepted
- Entries are only taken via the Rafflecopter widget (no exceptions)
- No purchase necessary to win
- Giveaway is valid in the United States only (sorry, no U.S. territories or international readers)
- Winner will be contacted via email
- If the winner does not respond and provide a postal address after 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen
- Gift certificate cannot be redeemed for cash or other items
- Winner may incur shipping costs if residing outside the central Virginia area
And of course, some lovely disclaimers from yours truly:
- I was not compensated or provided samples of chocolates for publishing this post (I purchased an 8-assortment box at my own expense)
- Gift certificate is available courtesy of Gearhart’s Chocolates
- All opinions and statements above are 100% my own