Got a craving for cake but don’t want any leftovers? Make this single serving Funfetti mug cake and satisfy your sweet tooth in about 5 minutes!
I had a craving for something sweet one lazy afternoon but did not want to bake an entire cake. Call me crazy, but I didn’t want to have an entire cake sitting on my kitchen counter for the next few days. While I normally welcome that kind of thing, I wasn’t feeling it this particular day. Rather, I wanted something small that I didn’t need to share with anybody. You know, because I am selfish like that. So I made myself a Funfetti mug cake.
There are so many good things about this mug cake. You can make it in less than 5 minutes, there are no bowls to clean, and everything is mixed in the mug! Oh, and the best part – you don’t have to share. Heck, you could eat this in a few minutes and have the kitchen all cleaned up in the time it takes to watch a commercial break.
If you want, you can always add a scoop of ice cream, some caramel drizzle or even a dollop of whipped cream on top. Whatever way you top it, this Funfetti mug cake is sure to become a new favorite!
Funfetti mug cake
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons vegetable/canola oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons sprinkles
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in an 8 ounce (standard sized) mug. Add in the milk, vanilla and oil. Mix well until the batter is smooth and free of lumps. Stir in the sprinkles and add a few sprinkles on the top.
- Microwave for 90 seconds and serve immediately.