This easy and versatile fudge sauce only requires 5 ingredients and is done in 10 minutes. It makes about 3 cups of sauce and can be drizzled on just about anything!
What kind of toppings do you like on your ice cream? Do you like sprinkles, caramel sauce, fudge sauce, or something else? I’m a weird one and like my ice cream plain. For some odd reason, I prefer to keep the ice cream as-is so that I can enjoy it on its own. Same thing with frozen yogurt.
Because of that weird preference, I have not made my own fudge sauce. In fact, we typically don’t even use it in the house at all. My daughter, however, likes having toppings, even if she doesn’t typically order them while we are at the ice cream place.
Today, I am breaking free of my prejudices and finally made my own fudge sauce. This particular recipe caught my eye because it only required 5 ingredients, all of which I already had at home, and only 10 minutes of my time. I was excited to see the fudge sauce come together so quickly.
The recipe made so much (about 3 cups) that I was able to package some up and give them to friends. Addie added some sauce on top of some cupcakes I made and has been asking to add it on top of bread and other things. It’s thick, rich, and goes well on just about anything.
Husband’s rating: 4.5 out of 5
Addie’s rating: 4.5 out of 5
My rating: 4.5 out of 5
Easy 5 ingredient fudge sauce
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- pinch salt omit this if using salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, mix together the chocolate chips, sugar, milk, and butter.
- Allow the mixture to come to a light boil and then remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the vanilla and allow the sauce to cool for about 5-10 minutes. The sauce will set and thicken as it cools.
- Transfer the sauce to heatproof containers (preferably ones with a tight-fitting lid).