I make this easy 4-ingredient microwave chocolate peppermint fudge every year as holiday gifts. All it takes is 5 minutes in the microwave!
It never seems to baffle me how some specialty culinary stores can charge $20+ for a tin of peppermint bark or fudge. Frankly, it’s so much easier to just make your own and save yourself some cash. Plus, you know exactly what’s going in your fudge instead of some random shelf stabilizing chemicals.
Although stores are still discounting their holiday treats right now, don’t be tempted to buy them. This fudge only requires 4 ingredients and can be made in the microwave in a single bowl. That’s right – no candy thermometer, watching over the stove or marshmallow fluff involved. Can I get a “hallelujah”?
My fudge starts off with a sprinkle of Andes peppermint chunks on the bottom of a greased baking pan. Then throw everything in a large bowl, nuke, and pour into the baking pan. Wait for the fudge to cool, and you’re done! You can’t mess this up.
This easy 4-ingredient microwave chocolate peppermint fudge is so impressive that your friends will think you slaved for hours in the kitchen. In reality, you might spend 3 minutes making it. So go ahead…thank them and take the credit. Enjoy this super easy chocolate peppermint fudge, and see if it tastes just as good as (or better than) the $20 version.
Easy 4-ingredient microwave chocolate peppermint fudge
- 1 cup Andes peppermint chunks divided (if you can't find these, you can used crushed up candy canes or peppermints)
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Generously grease or line a square 8” baking pan with wax paper or parchment paper. I used a silicone baking pan and did not grease it. Scatter some of the peppermint chunks on the bottom of the pan.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, mix together the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir, and microwave again for another 30-60 seconds or until the chocolate has completely melted. Add the peppermint extract and stir until well combined.
- Pour the fudge into your prepared pan and even out the top with a spatula or wooden spoon. Sprinkle the top with the remaining peppermint chunks.
- Allow the fudge to harden at room temperature or refrigerate for 3-4 hours until firm. Slice and serve.