A super creamy, uber peanut buttery cheesecake pie that any peanut butter fan will love! With a peanut butter cookie crust and peanut butter cheesecake filling, this pie will become your next favorite dessert (or breakfast – I’m not judging)!
Something strange happened recently. Remember those peanut butter cookies that I just posted about last week? Well, my husband didn’t finish them. He loves peanut butter so much that it’s probably flowing through his veins, so this was quite the surprise to me. I have to admit though, that I usually have at least 2 other homemade sweets in the house so maybe he just forgot about them.
So those poor peanut butter cookies were just sitting by themselves all alone in their container. I didn’t want to throw them out, so I decided to repurpose them and turn them into a cookie crust. Then I could make a peanut butter cheesecake filling and call that a pie. I’d say that’s a pretty good way to use up leftovers, don’t you?
Both my husband and daughter adored this pie. I should have used more melted butter in the crust since mine was a bit crumbly, so I adjusted the amounts below. From what I’ve been told (I don’t eat peanut butter), the crust was nice and crunchy and was a good contrast to the smooth and creamy peanut butter cheesecake filling. Addie mentioned how peanut butter-y this dessert was and said that it was really good. And because I know that the peanut butter and chocolate combination is a hit with both Addie and my husband, I melted some chocolate chips and drizzled it on top of the pie (I threw in a few extra chocolate chips for good measure).
So today’s lesson: Don’t throw away old cookies. Turn them into crust and make a pie with it. Your family members will thank you.
Double peanut butter cheesecake pie
- 6-8 peanut butter cookies crushed (if you don't have peanut butter cookies, you could use other types of cookies like Oreos or Nutter Butters; if this is the case, you may need to increase the amount of butter below)
- 3-4 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup peanut butter NOT the all-natural kind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon milk of choice
- Chocolate chips melted (optional)
- In a high powered blender or food processor, finely crush the cookies into small crumbs. Transfer the crumbs to a medium sized bowl and add the melted butter. Mix until the crumbs resemble wet sand. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and sides of a pie plate. Bake in your preheated oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl if using a handheld mixer, cream together the cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla on medium speed until well combined. Add the milk until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Turn the mixer off.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture to the pie plate with the cooled crust. If desired, swizzle the melted chocolate chips on top for a fun presentation. Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for at least 3-4 hours before serving