If you are a chocoholic like me, listen up. These are the softest, chewiest double chocolate fudge cookies that you will ever eat. There is an insane amount of chocolate in every bite!
A few weekends ago, I was on a chocolate kick. But let’s be real – when am I ever NOT on a chocolate kick? Haha! Everything I made over the course of 2 days was loaded with chocolate. Therefore, I am declaring the start of Double Chocolate week on Eva Bakes!
Let’s kick off the week with these double chocolate fudge cookies. When I asked Addie what I needed to make over the weekend, she quickly suggested cookies. I knew my friend Ashley at Baker by Nature would have the perfect recipe for me to try. Thankfully, I was right!
These cookies were so insanely full of chocolate that I was in chocolate heaven. I took one bite and knew that it was the perfect cookie. Addie agreed with me, because after she took her first bite, she immediately proclaimed that she rated these a 5 out of 5. No hesitation.
When my husband tried a cookie a few hours later (he was golfing at the time), he liked them too, but he didn’t give them a perfect 5 rating. Why? Because he said they were actually too chocolatey. He wasn’t a huge fan of the flaky salt on top, but Addie quickly countered with, “That way the cookie isn’t too sweet!” That’s my girl.
So I’m claiming that these are great for true chocoholics. They are perfectly sweet, with a tiny hint of salt to cut down on the sweetness. And they are perfectly soft and chewy. Enjoy!
Husband’s rating: 4.5 out of 5 (he said they were too chocolatey – is that even a thing??)
Addie’s rating: 5 out of 5
My rating: 5 out of 5
Double chocolate fudge cookies
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- 2 and ½ Tablespoons unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons whole milk room temperature
- 2 and ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- flaky sea salt for sprinkling, optional
- additional chocolate chips for decorating, optional
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking power, and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup, mix together 1 cup of the chocolate chips and the butter. Microwave the bowl for about 30 seconds, then stir. Continue microwaving in 15 second increments and stirring until the mixture is smooth (do NOT over heat this or else your chocolate will seize).
- In a large bowl, mix together the granulated and brown sugars and the eggs. Then add in the milk and vanilla and nix well. Finally, add in the melted chocolate and mix well to incorporate.
- Slowly fold in the dry ingredients and mix until a few dry streaks remain. Fold in the remaining chocolate chips until no dry streaks remain.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or two spoons, scoop moundfuls of dough onto your prepared baking sheet. Make sure you leave 2-3 inches in between each mound of dough since the cookies will spread while baking.
- Bake in your preheated oven for about 15-16 minutes or until the edges are set. The middles may look slightly underdone but that's OK. They will continue to set as they cool.
- If desired, sprinkle the tops of the cookies with flaky sea salt and press in some extra chocolate chips.
- Allow the cookies to cool before serving.