Rich, dense and perfect chocolate truffles for a special occasion or as an after-meal dessert! Dust them with cocoa powder, sprinkles or melted chocolate for a beautiful finish!
Is there anything better than receiving a box of truffles as a gift? OK, maybe a pint of ice cream with that box of chocolates, but I hope you’ll agree that truffles are a pretty perfect dessert. I mean, they’re bite-sized, smooth, rich and full of that intense chocolate flavor that I love.
What I don’t love are the insane prices of these treats. One can easily pay a few dollars a truffle at some high-end stores and bakeries. If you can use a microwave and stir something with a spoon, then you can make these beauties.
All you need to do is heat up some heavy cream, add chocolate chips and stir it all together. Then after the mixture has cooled, just scoop and roll into balls and you’re done. You can make them prettier by rolling them in cocoa powder, sprinkles or a layer of melted chocolate if that’s what your heart desires.
I served these truffles with the chocolate torte on Valentine’s Day and they were a big hit with my husband and daughter. With only 3 ingredients, these truffles will be a great addition to your baking repertoire to wow your friends and family!
- 1 and 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 and 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Unsweetened cocoa powder for rolling
- Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- In a saucepan, boil the heavy cream. Pour it over the chocolate chips and allow to sit for 1-2 minutes. Then stir vigorously until the mixture is even. Allow to cool slightly and then transfer to your refrigerator and let it chill for at least an hour. The mixture should be slightly soft.
- Scoop out spoonfuls of the chocolate with two spoons or a cookie scoop. Roll these out into balls with the palms of your hand.
- Roll in cocoa powder, sprinkles, powdered sugar, melted chocolate or whatever makes you happy. You can eat them plain too. Place them back in the refrigerator until ready to eat.