Looking for a healthy-dish appetizer to bring to a party? Make this chocolate chip snickerdoodle hummus! You can dip fruit, crackers and vanilla wafers into it – or just eat it with a spoon!
A few of my college friends and I traveled to New York City to surprise another friend who was celebrating a milestone birthday. Her husband had been planning this event for months, and the time had finally come.
Since I normally do my baking on the weekends, I knew that I would miss an opportunity to create some desserts for my family. I didn’t want to leave them with empty stomachs so wanted to give them something to snack on during my absence.
I came up with the idea for another dessert hummus since 1) it is super easy and only requires a few minutes in the kitchen, and 2) we are hummus fiends. Plus, because the hummus is made from chickpeas, that means it’s healthy, right?
The hummus could not have been easier to make. Just throw everything together in the food processor (or high speed blender), add in chocolate chips if desired, and eat.
Chocolate chip snickerdoodle hummus
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3-4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a food processor, blend all of the ingredients together except the chocolate chips. Add more milk if needed to get a smooth consistency. Once the hummus is to your desired consistency, fold in the chocolate chips.