These thick and chewy chocolate chip M&M cookie bars are comforting. They are like your favorite chocolate chip cookie in bar form and loaded with M&M candies!
For Christmas last year, my brother gifted me with one of those mega M&M sleeves. It was a long, skinny box with about 20 packs of M&Ms inside. He remembered that M&Ms were one of my favorite candies so he wanted to make sure I was all sugared up.
Fast forward to today. I hadn’t eaten any of it yet (whuuuut?) so I decided to bake with them. But how best to feature M&Ms? Well, what about these chocolate chip M&M cookie bars? They’re like chocolate chip cookies, except in bar form. And then on top of that, they’re filled and topped with M&Ms!
I probably used 3 packs of those giant M&M bags for these cookie bars. Then I sprinkled about another bag’s worth on top after the bars came out of the oven. We brought these bars to a friend’s house one evening and were pleased to see that everyone liked them.
The bars were super thick, and nice and chewy. Each bite was filled with both chocolate chips and M&Ms. This was one great way to get a chocolate fix.
If you have lots of M&Ms hanging around the house, send them over. Or better yet, make these chocolate chip M&M cookie bars and send them to me. Yeah, that would be even better!
Chocolate chip M&M cookie bars
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 and 1/2 cups M&M candies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease or line a standard 9" x 13" baking pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl if using a handheld mixer, cream the butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Then add the baking soda, corn starch, salt and flour.
- Turn the mixer off and fold in the chocolate chips and M&M candies by hand.
- Transfer the dough to your prepared an and spread it out evenly. Make sure you smooth the top so there are no bumps.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 35 minutes or until the tops start to turn a light golden color.
- Allow the bars to cool before slicing and serving.