That dang Biscoff got me again. I already bought a jar of it a few months ago and made Biscoff swirl gelato and Biscoff cupcakes with swiss meringue buttercream. When I was at the grocery store a few weeks ago, it started calling my name. “Buy meeeeee… Buy meeeeee…” I tried ignoring it, but the force was too strong. So I gave in and bought another jar.
I used half the jar to fill my vanilla bean macarons and needed to find a good recipe to use up the other half. I opened up my Google Reader and remembered that one of the blogs I follow, Kirbie’s Cravings, featured a bunch of Biscoff recipes. I found this recipe for chewy Biscoff chocolate chip cookies and thought it would be a hit.
I followed Kirbie’s advice and decreased the amount of sugar. I omitted 2 Tablespoons of both brown and white sugar so the cookies wouldn’t be too sweet. The cookies baked up just like a regular chocolate chip cookie and had a very subtle Biscoff flavor to them. In fact, the Biscoff wasn’t as pronounced as I thought they were going to be. The next time I make these, I will add more Biscoff so the flavor comes through more. I would increase the Biscoff to about 3/4 cup and keep the reduced amount of sugar. But, the cookies were so soft and chewy and maintained this texture throughout the week.
I gave some cookies to our neighbors since they’ve been so kind to us (the mom crocheted a skirt, headband and scarf for Addison!). I found out shortly after delivering the cookies that they were gone in about 2 seconds flat. According to the younger son, his older brother “grabbed two handfuls” of cookies and disappeared upstairs. He, his mom and his dad had to fight for the rest of them. I’d say that this would qualify as a good recipe to keep – what do you think?
Chewy Biscoff chocolate chip cookies
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar recommend removing 2 TBSP of sugar from this
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar recommend removing 2 TBSP of sugar from this
- ½ cup Biscoff spread recommend increasing to 3/4 cup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter with both sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg, vanilla, and Biscoff.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Then add into the wet mixture until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by large tablespoons onto baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes (mine baked for 7 minutes).
These look super delicious Eva! Of course, I love chocolate chip cookies, but they can only taste better with Biscoff. Right? I just bought my first jar last week, but I have yet to bake with it. I may just have to start with this recipe! 😀 -Kim
I bet these are dangerously good! YUM!
These look very much like the chocolate chip cookies my mom, Louise, used to make. I'm sure these taste just as good and the Biscoff probably makes them better!
Not a fan of the chewy cookie kind, but the biscoff and the choco chips make a really great combination. A must try!