This 2 ingredient chocolate mousse is like magic – all it requires is water and chocolate. This beautiful mousse contains no dairy or eggs and is vegan! Don’t forget the giveaway below!
Every year around Valentine’s Day, I host a chocolate tasting party. I invite about 6-8 women to my house for a fun-filled evening. I make dinner for everyone and ask each person to bring at least 1 chocolate bar to share and taste.
This year, we tasted about 23 bars of chocolate. One of our favorites was the Wellfleet Sea Salt chocolate from Chequessett Chocolate in Cape Cod. My husband picked this up during a business trip to the Boston area earlier this year. I contacted Chequessett Chocolate to let them know how much we enjoyed their product. They responded back and generously partnered with me on this post. Chequessett sent me a sample of their Kokoa Kamili 72% cacao bar to feature in a recipe.
I wanted to highlight the fruitiness of the chocolate bar without adding any extra sugar or ingredients. As a result, this 2 ingredient chocolate mousse was born. While the recipe sounds like absolutely sorcery (no dairy!), it actually works. We melt the chocolate with some water (it’s not blasphemy, I promise) and then whisk it so it puffs up.
Trust me, I was skeptical about this technique at first, because who wouldn’t be? How does chocolate and water come together into a light, airy mousse? Well, it does!
The final mousse was just that – light and fluffy. And the flavor was fantastic because it showcased the original taste of the Kokoa Kamili chocolate bar. There was no extra sugar added, so I could taste the bar almost in its purest form.
And now my friends at Chequessett Chocolate want to give an Eva Bakes reader a 3-bar chocolate set. Now you can enjoy part of my chocolate party at home! To enter, simply click on the widget below. Please be patient, as sometimes it can be slow to load. Good luck to all!
2 ingredient chocolate mousse
- 4 and 1/2 ounces dark chocolate preferably 72% or greater (I used a 72% Tanzanian Kokoa Kamili bar from Chequessett Chocolate)
- 1/2 cup water
- Place a large bowl on top of a smaller bowl filled with cold water and ice. Set aside.
- Chop the chocolate and place into a medium saucepan. Add the water.
- Melt the chocolate and water together over low heat. Do not allow this mixture to boil. You simply want the chocolate to melt.
- Once the chocolate has melted, pour this into the large bowl that is setting on top of the bowl with ice water. Vigorously whisk this until the chocolate thickens. It will take between 5-10 minutes. Keep whisking - this is a great arm workout!
- Once the mixture thickens, pour into ramekins or glasses and serve immediately. Top with whipped cream or additional shaved chocolate.